2011年5月5日 星期四

Do we learn? Do we really learn? When do we really learn?

In 2008, Nick Vujicic came to Hong Kong the first time.  I could not attend his seminar as the tickets were just gone in a minute.

In Nov 2009 here he came again, and he came to our university.  I was very lucky that I was at my work desk, on my email and an email came in by our university.  I was very excited and registered right away!!

When I first saw his short video on Youtube, it is of course very inspiring, very touching.  It is so encouraging and motivating when he "stands up" by using his head.  It is powerful of his action/demonstration as well as by his voice and the message - if I fell a hundred times, I try a hundred and never give up... It matters how you finish. You'll find the strength.

Now he was alive in our university, the same powerful voice, the same powerful demonstration.  In the Q&A session, I asked him a question which made him stay silent for 2 minutes before he answered. (I was actually a bit embarrassed!)  What did I ask?

I said, "Nick, your life is so meaningful.  You are so powerful.  Yet, you still say you feel sad.  What makes you sad?"
***************************************************************************************

From most people's eyes, Nick's life will be extremely miserable (before he is famous).  If I were him, I would be dead already.  That's quite common, right?  And then, when there are chances to go to seminars by "inspiring people", for examples, (apart from Nick) Thich Nhat Hanh一行禪師, people are crazy to attend, to learn.  However, do you learn?  Do you really learn?  When do you really learn?  It is when you really put into practice.
***************************************************************************************

For sure it is wonderful to learn from these wonderful people.  No doubt.
Be frank, the great motto/quotations from these great people, are they new and special?  Not really.  They are great wisdom in the past thousand years.  And they are all in books, internet.  We probably read some, most or all of them, however, why haven't we learned?

Moreover, we read plus attend these seminars, do we learn, do we really learn?
***************************************************************************************

Imagine, all these sayings from these great people will be delivered by an ordinary man.  Will you go?  Will you learn?  Will you really learn?

沒有留言: